Well since this is my very first blog posting, I think I'll write about our most recent event: Judd got his GREEN BERET!!!! Yeah! After 3 years of hard work and a few manly tears he graduated Special Forces training July 9th 2010. Hopefully I'll figure out how to post a few pics from the graduation if not I'll call Tricia (my blog savvy little sis) for some help.
The entire event was amazing! Judd's parents, Paul and Sandy Entrikin, flew in the week before the ceremony. My parents, Bill and Donna Herrmann, flew in a day or two before the ceremony but then got to stay after. So we got a few overlapping days or what I like to call them - the super happy family fun times!
We went out to dinner two nights in a row which was a major treat for a guy that just returned from the field! The first night out we went to Red Lobster (coconut shrimp...yumm!) and it was perfect! With Maddie Thyer babysitting Jack it was laid back and easy dining. The second night out was at Olive Garden. You may not guess what the best part of the meal ended up being...dessert! As delicious as their pastas and breadsticks are, dessert had them beat! We ordered these tiny little desserts that come in a variety of flavors and them passed them all around so that everyone could try every kind. We were all laughing and calling out which ones were our favorites, then trying a new kind and calling that one our favorite! Man, it was fun!
We were so happy to share this graduation with our parents. I keep joking with Judd that I expect him to volunteer for more training schools with big ceremonies at the end so we can all have a redo! Okey dokey, good night all!
So glad you have a blog now!! I am so happy for you guys. It is exciting that he has graduated from that course. Well just click on my name and that will take you to my blog!
ReplyDeleteYay! A blog!! I hope you are better at keeping yours updated than I am. But I have done better in the past and maybe I can do better in the future if my friends inspire me.
ReplyDeleteYaaaaaaaaay blog! I'm definitely going to follow you!
ReplyDelete